If you’re a parent, you know how important it is to get your kids into the habit of maintaining good oral hygiene. It can be difficult to teach them the proper technique, and to get them to brush for the proper amount of time. The Philips Sonicare for Kids HX6311 is an electric toothbrush specially designed with children in mind, and comes equipped with many features that make it a great first toothbrush for kids.
Philips Sonicare for Kids HX6311 Product Overview
- KidTimer slowly increases brushing time over 90 days toward the dentist-recommended 2 minutes
- Varied speed functionality to provide cleaning for different ages from 4+ to 7+
- Quadrapace brushing timer to let kids know when they’ve brushed long enough
- Comes with age-specific brush heads
- Interchangeable panels allowing kids to change how their toothbrush looks
- Rubber overmold helps protect children’s teeth
- Includes charger base with brush head storage
- Suitable for children ages 4 to 10+
- Full refund available for 28 days
Philips has done an excellent job in designing the Sonicare for Kids HX6311 electric toothbrush, making it one of the few mid-range electric toothbrushes designed specifically for children. A lot of care and consideration has been put into the design, with features such as the KidTimer which slowly increases the brushing time, allowing children to get used to operating an electric toothbrush, and the varied speed and age-specific brush heads to make sure that your child is getting a proper clean and that the brush will last them for a few years.
How Kid-Friendly is the Philips Sonicare for Kids HX6311?
The kid-specific features built into the HX6311 make it simply the best electric toothbrush you can get for a child. I will give a brief overview of these features, so you can get an idea of how it works.
- The KidTimer – This is one of the best featuers of the Philips Sonicare for Kids. If your child is new to brushing with an electric toothbrush, a Sonicare toothbrush might be a little offputting at first due to the tingling and vibrations. The KidTimer of this model will start with a lower power and brushing time, automatically increasing over each sequential use. Not only does this make it easier for children to get used to using an electric toothbrush, but it gets them into the habit of brushing for the proper amount of time, which can be a struggle for kids.
- The Quadrapace timer – As you might be aware, many adult electric toothbrushes have a built-in timer to let you know when you’ve brushed each quadrant of the mouth long enough. The Philips Sonicare for Kids HX6311 also has a kid-friendly version of this technology, which sounds a musical tone every 30 seconds to let them know that it’s time to move onto the next section of the mouth. This is a great feature to have, and goes a long way toward getting children on the proper path toward good brushing technique.
- Different head sizes and brush speeds – This toothbrush is designed to be usable for children of ages 4-10, and accomplishes this by supplying different sized brush heads and allowing for variable brush speeds. A younger child has a smaller mouth than an older child, meaning that brush heads are not one-size-fits-all. Furthermore, this allows your child to use the toothbrush for a longer period of time before upgrading, as the brush heads can simply be switched out for larger ones. The Sonicare for Kids also has variable speeds to allow for a more gentle clean for younger children. All in all, this is great functionality to have.
- Kid-friendly cosmetic additions – The Sonicare for Kids features an interchangeable face plate that your child can switch out for one of their liking. It’s not a major thing, but it’s a nice touch. Also, as I previously mentioned, the timer sound is a nice little musical tone, which children seem to love.
If this is the first electric toothbrush your child has used, you’ll have to teach them not to use it like a regular toothbrush. They will probably pick up on it quickly, and the Sonicare for Kids makes it fun and easy for them to learn to use it properly. A minor nitpick with this toothbrush is that the power setting button is easily accessible, which could lead to a curious child pressing it and changing the brushing speed. Although it’s not a huge matter, you should take the time to instruct your child to leave the button alone.
So, What’s The Conclusion on the Philips Sonicare for Kids HX6311?
This is simply the best electric toothbrush you can buy for a child. The specially-designed kid-friendly features make it a must have for anyone looking to introduce their child to the world of electric toothbrushes and get a much better clean than a manual toothbrush. The novelty of this toothbrush will get your kids excited to brush their teeth, and the handy features will help them get into the habit of brushing properly.
While this is a children’s toothbrush, we were surprised to learn that it had all the features and functionality you’d expect to find in an adult toothbrush. This is not a watered-down version of the Sonicare toothbrush, it’s simply a kid-friendly version of the product.
We give this toothbrush a definite recommendation!
- Kid-friendly features make this the best electric toothbrush for kids available
- Variable head sizes and brush speeds make it suitable for kids of all ages
- KidTimer and automatically increasing brush times make it great for introducing children to electric toothbrushes
- Compatible with regular Sonicare brush heads
- Speed-change button could have been a bit less accessible
This electric toothbrush is for…
- All children – much better than a manual toothbrush and the best electric toothbrush for kids!
Price Alert: For a limited time Amazon.com is offering free shipping and a discounted price on the Philips Sonicare for Kids HX6311. This price won’t be around forever, so take advantage of this offer while it’s available.